Neena Gill MEP for the West Midlands has welcomed Commissioner Lord Hill’s proposals for the Capital Markets Union announced this week, which aims to break down the barriers to cross-border flows of investment.Read more
- Neena Gill has called for the EU and UEFA to take the lead in the fight against high level corruption in FIFA.
- The call is for greater transparency and accounting, an independent audit of the last ten years, for the European Commission to implement its regulatory rules, as well as action on the appalling human rights abuses and deaths of migrant workers in Qatar.
- Socialists and Democrats (S&D) Group has taken a lead, calling for a greater collaboration between all stakeholders, including public authorities, sports associations, athletes and supporters, to urgently address the issue of corruption.Read more
I am pleased to say that today that S&D Group (of which the Labour Party form an integral part) have been successful in working the European Commission to come up with a compromise over how to create, manage and spend the European Fund for Strategic Investment (EFSI) also known as the Juncker Plan. This fund is a new new financial tool of the €315 billion investment plan proposed by the European Commission.Read more
- The European Parliament put Neena Gill MEP’s proposals into law to protect taxpayers against having to bail out corporations if times get tough.
- The new EU financial legislation seeks to stabilise markets and boost economies across Europe through new regulations for Money Market Funds (MMFs).
- This legislation makes MMF funds more transparent, liquid and stable in order to prevent this happening again.